Sunday, September 8, 2013

Zippers come in all sizes. Or do they????

Have you been wondering where all the different size zippers are coming from?? You cant go in a store theses days without seeing a jacket or dress with an odd exposed zipper. Now that the zippers are exposed, you have to show all the parts. I needed an odd size for this top I made. I remembered that  Pacific Trim sells zippers on a roll like trim. You can buy as much or as little as you want its sold by the inch. So I figured they should have the stops. I showed them the size of the zipper teeth and she pulled the stops. They were 10 cents each. These stops are a size 5, they had different sizes. Mood sells their 4 inch zippers for 4.99. I could not bring lf to pay that for a 4 inch zipper. You can order them on line. I plan to purchase a few dozen before I leave  NY.
Zipper Stops

My revised zipper

No comments:

Followers