Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Some times you have to improvize

So we know that I joined the RTW buster and and I have been trying to not buy anything. I have been doing good so far then I saw this blouse.I  have to get my inspiration from some place. Thus the leopard Dolce blouse retailing for 895.00. I dont know where I purchased my fabric. I know it was a fraction of that. Glad I can sew.



Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I made plackets for my sleeve Click Here I widened and lengthen the tie.

Conclusion: For the first time in a long time I didn't try on my pattern or make a muslin. How hard could it be? When I tried the blouse on after attaching the 3 pieces, I was short about 4 inches to accommodate the girls. So I added a piece in the front thus eliminating the need for buttons. I really loved the fabric and could not discard this project. I have had it in my stash for a while, but could not figure out what I wanted to make until I saw this Dolce & Gabbana blouse.  The tie hides the additional piece. You would not know its pieced together if I had not told you. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Almost $900?! That's crazy. Yes, aren't we glad we sew!

Followers