Wednesday, October 3, 2018

What's Old Is New Again

Back a few years ago when we gave that fabulous party for my mother in law's 90 birthday,I posted some charis that I covered  .  I was never quite happy with how they turned out. But they did what I needed them to do, at that time. I had been looking for some new chairs (well not new). I found some on letgo. The seller had 6 chairs and a huge table for 75.00. I didn't want the table.  She insisted that we take everything. So we took everything. We dropped the table off at goodwill. Not bad because I get a write off.


Without being long and drawn out, I am just going to show you the before and after.
I had to toss one of the arm chairs because it looked as if a dog chewed the 2 front legs almost off. Far worse than in the picture above (this was another chair which I corked and sanded). I looked online for replacement legs but couldn't find any to match. I took the arms off one of the good chairs this is why I only have 5 chairs instead of 6.


It also matched my table perfectly. I did buy 2 shades of spray paint, in 2 different colors to match the table. I ended up using a dark walnut. BTW the buffett is a dresser that I painted with silver spray paint. I am very  pleased with the out come of these chairs. I sold my parson chairs for 175.00.


Followers