Tuesday, September 11, 2018

The Wrap Dress


I was watching the Book Club movie and Jane Fonda had on the prettiest leopard wrap dress that look as if it was made from TissueFaille.   I started thinking about Diane von Furstenberg and her wrap dresses, that were so iconic back in the 70s. They are flattering to any figure, versatile and easy to pack and style.To this day these dresses are still a staple. This is my version. I had the Jersey in my stash of leopard (yes I love leopard so much until I have a bin of leopard)






I haven’t been sewing lately, and to get me back in the mood I wanted something easy. Looking at Diane’s wraps with a hefty price of 498.00. I used McCall’s7662 pattern. I Glanced at the guide sheet  just to see how they were putting the dress together and I lost it 😟, so I had to wing it. I made a few changes but overall I’m very please with the design and the dress.

Changes I made:
  • FBA, adjustment 
  • Made my belt to go all the way around my waist and wider (instead of the 2 ties).
  • Didn't add the band on sleeve, Also took out the ease from the sleeve.
  • Did not add the band around the waist. (probably the reason it was so short)
  • Did not close the bottom the way the guide sheet said (if you needed to pull the dress tighter closing the bottom would cause bunching of fabric.
The next dress I will add at least 3 inches or make the long dress.I really like this pattern.
 I’m thinking I’ll probably make a few long sleeve tops from this pattern for the winter. You can always rock a scarf or camisole under.

No comments:

Followers