Wednesday, March 21, 2018

What to do about all those scraps


I have been obsessed with this St Johns Jacket, so I finally made one. This jacket was made from Ponte.
If you are like I am you love Ponte knit (it can’t get enough of it). I always buy much more than I need because I love the fabric, and then decide what to make later. With that being said I always have scraps of Ponte left over from my projects. Instead of tossing them I have a tendency to keep them. So I came up with this brilliant idea to make some color block tops.


I made this jacket I had a little fabric left over so I decided to make a T-shirt. The second thing I had to decide was, what color pants would I wear when I wear with this jacket.  I had a piece of brown scrap lying around and I’m talking 5/8 of a yard or less. It was the perfect match to my brown pants.  

So tell me what you think. Do you have some scraps laying around? Don't toss them, be creative.


4 comments:

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

I love that jacket!!

Every time I try to colorblock it goes wrong. Recently my 19 year old has been going through the scrap basket though and creating projects so that’s a win :)

Super cute top!

Faye Lewis said...

Great use of large left over pieces. Love the colors!

Mary Sarah said...

I think your top and jacket look great! I'm so glad I found your blog. :)

Mary Sarah said...

What pattern did you use for your jacket? It's lovely!

Followers