Friday, March 23, 2018

My Easy Jacket


So after my last post, Sarah wanted to know what pattern is used for this jacket. I noticed that I never gave any information for my jackets. This is for you Sarah. I used Simplicity 4768 Vintage pattern.


I have made six of them from this pattern, although this Pattern will probably be hard to fine,  there are a lot of similar patterns out there. Just look for a raglan sleeve jacket, what I love about this pattern its it has darts in the sleeve. You never know how much that helps with the hanging of this sleeve. One of my favorite Vintage shops is momspatterns if you sign up she has great sales, and she always include a trinket in your order. 
The trick with some vintage patterns is they run very oddly. So I would suggest if you’re going to make something with a vintage pattern that you do a Muslim fit before you cut your fabric. I don’t know how sizes ran back in the 50s but every vintage pattern that I’ve tried the fit was all wrong. It didn’t matter if I got a size too small or size too big.



I wanted to share my latest item I made from the same Simplicity 4768. I made it back when I was obsessed with leopard (still am) but never had time to blog about it, nor have I worn it. Its velvet, don't you love this fabric?  I purchased the fabric on eBay, it was 30.00 per yard. I watched it for 2 weeks before I broke down and purchased it LOL, I am so glad I did, its perfect for this crazy weather we are having right now..

2 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Gorgeous vintage pattern and jackets.

Mary Sarah said...

Thank you! I love it,

Followers