Sunday, November 27, 2016

A Night at the Aquarium

We were invited to an AKA ball at the Georgia Aquarium. What a night. Since we were surrounded by the sea I decided to make a navy gown. I knew in my head what I wanted to make but could not find the exact pattern.
I used the 2 patterns below Butterick 4056 and Vogue 8113

The Vogue pattern I used for the bodice.I also wanted a little back to show so I made the back V neck I wanted the sleeves to be inverted to show my shoulders (Donna Karen says a woman never gains weight in her shoulders). I used the vogue pattern for the bottom. 
I trim the neck line with rhinestones. We tied the trim in the back as I purchased more then I needed LOL.

I did the right thing in selecting the blue. What a lovely evening, there was dancing, dinner, cocktails, a silent auction. And all for a good cause. Not to mention my date was looking dashing himself.  
Thanks Alex and Andrea for a lovely evening.




4 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Soooooo gorgeous!

Faye Lewis said...

Soooooo gorgeous!

Myra said...

You did a great job with this dress...beautiful!!

Tomasa said...

Beautiful dress - you look so elegant!

Followers