Sunday, August 7, 2016

McCalls 5801 For the love of Chambray,

I made this dress back in 2013, (different fabric) even wrote a pattern review. I wanted to make, the top below (Simplicity 8137).


I am digging relentlessly  in my stash because I knew I had this chambray purchased at Walmart in Goldsboro NC
 (I remember because our daughter was stationed there and Walmart was one of the few places to buy fabric. I paid 1.00 per yard but it was in 3 pieces.) I knew when I purchased the fabric that I was going to make this dress. BUT I FORGOT I MADE IT!

Anyway,  as is was digging I found this dress (McCalls5801) instead of the chambray pieces. I had completed the dress except for adding the snaps on the front closure. I was a little disappointed that I had used the chambray but thrilled that I had a new garment. What a find.


Simplicity 8137
Long story short I finished the dress, but still wanted some chambray to make this top. I did find some at JoAnne, paid a little more than 1.00 per yd but I am ok with it.
 

3 comments:

Mariela Alethia said...

Nice dress and blouse!

Tomasa said...

Both the dress and top are fabulous. You look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sewing. Nice dress and top. Love your choice of color. Mary

Followers