Monday, March 5, 2012

The Ultimate Sewing Tool

I was in my sewing room ripping out sleeves, that for some reason I just can’t get them to behave. We have all been there. My mind started to wonder what I would do without this handy tool called the seam ripper. I remember when I first started sewing we had to use a single edge razor blade or straight pins to rip seams. What a chore. Back then you almost wanted to start over because you knew you would rip the fabric.  Now it looks like I am buying a seam ripper once a month. As they get dull I toss them and open another one. I have tried most of them but the one that works best for me is the Dritz disposable. I call them disposable because they are 1.99 at most fabric store and less at Walmart. They are sharp and really get the job done. Well got to go, I have one more sleeve to rip.  

No comments:

Followers