Monday, April 18, 2011

SERGERS?


ON SALE
 I have 2 sergers. One is a very old JC Penny 3 threader that I have had IDK since the girls were little.It was refurbished and I must have paid 50.00 for it, if that. Never had a moments issue with it. Never had it tuned, never even changed the cutter. Now I also have, a white 1600 serger that I have had maybe 5 years.  I have taken every tutorial on u-tube trying to figure out whats wrong with it.I know its something simple. The lower looper thread is loose no mater what # the tension is on, its still loose. I have called around to see what it would cost to have it serviced. How about 79.00 to 100.00. Which to me is ridiculous. I saw one on sale at Hancock for 179.00 regular 329.99. So why not put an extra $$ or towards it and get a new one? The reason we sewers sew is to save money right? I think its a conspiracy. 
WHAT WOULD YOU DO???

1 comment:

Shelly said...

At that price I would buy a new one! I had a similar problem with my first one. Sold it, bought another and haven't looked back since. Good luck!

Followers