Saturday, April 16, 2011

Amazing Fit


Crepe Back Satin
Black Pique






I am in love with Simplicity's amazing fit patterns. They give you step by step instructions on how to alter the pattern to fit your body. The cup sizes rage from A to D. They actually give you pattern pieces for all 3 cup sizes. I have made 3 of theses dresses. The first one I made longer because I was going to the Athenians Ball in Charleston 2 days after Christmas. For this special evening I  used crepe back satin. The second dress was made in black pique. I needed a new LBD for spring, and that's what I had in my stash. For the third dress, I used a floral cotton/silk/spandex. I have always wanted to try the large zipper and I thought since this dress had black dots, and I had a black zipper, what the heck, I thought I would try it. I must say it turned out better than I expected. I am not making this dress again for a min.  If I had my way I would have a closet full there are so many variations.The only thing I did different from the pattern instructions was that I lined the bodice on all 3 dresses, and I added 1/2 inch to the bodice bottom.  The next one I make will not have the split in the neck line but will have the inverted sleeve's

Cotton/silk spandex


1 comment:

Shelly said...

I must say that this looks like a great pattern and the black zip looks really good. I have wanted to try one myself. You have inspired me, I think I will give it a go.

Followers