Monday, July 22, 2019

The Perfect Jumpsuit

I have wanted a jumpsuit for a while. There are so many looks on the runway, but there aren’t as many patterns as there should be for the popularity of late. I came across  this jumpsuit McCall’s 7910.


The fabric requirement was 4 way stretch. There was no zipper. I wanted to use fabric in my stash, I didn’t have any 4 way, so I use what I had. We all know what I had was Ponte😊. In my research for the perfect pattern I wanted it to fit properly. The last one I made the crouch was almost to my knees.


I did my normal FBA. 

I added bias trim (from the fabric), as in the 1st fitting the girls were highly exposed. 


I came in about an inch at the hem and graded back up to my size, for a more tapered look.  Most jumpsuits have a zipper in back. I am thinking, who’s going to zip me up in ladies’ room with a back zipper? So I made my zipper on the side. You don't need a zipper if you use 4 way stretch.


Our granddaughters were visiting, the oldest liked the pattern so I made her one as well. She wanted view 1+5 with the wide legs.  Her Ponte had a little more ease than mine.

I had issues getting into mine. Thank god for stretch stitch. She had no problem with getting in and out but hers. She said she wanted to wear a tank top with hers.

 


This is a very easy pattern to make.I realized the possibilities are endless. So stay tuned  for my Jumpsuit Craze......

1 comment:

Nyra Cuper said...

buy tramadol online Buy tramadol online directed by doctors, this medicine is used for moderate to severe pain.

silver singles login silver singles login uses an algorithm that matches you with people based on your personality, location, age, and desired relationship outcomes.

Followers