Saturday, January 18, 2014

Getting Back in the swing of things

Well I am back at home. We have been sick with the flu since I got back.  I did get the strength to do a little sewing for a friend. She fell in love with this Ferragamo coat like the one Olivia Pope wear's on Scandal. This coat retailed for 2,400.00. She asked me if I could make it and I did.
She selected wool cashmere with a touch of mink. She purchased for 18.00 a yard in the garment district. I purchased some of the same fabric in off white for my stash. One day I will get a chance to make my coat. Perhaps for winter 2014. I used Simplicity 2311.



3 comments:

Joyce in NC said...

I'm sure your friend will be so happy with her new coat!!

Myra said...

Lucky friend! That's a beautiful coat and you saved her from spending a lot of money for it, at least $2,400! Great work!

Faye Lewis said...

Great pattern choice and great job Denise.

Followers