Tuesday, March 30, 2010

OUT OF MY SLUMP


Ok I must admit I have been in a bad way of late. No sewing no Blogging. I have not even checked to see what my fellow bloggers have been up too, that's bad. I did however visit Gail K Fabric   last week to look for some boning for a corset that I made for a client. I could not resist this gorgeous fabric. I did however walk away. Got home thought about it and asked myself why did I not purchase it. So I went back the next day and lucky for me it was still there. Not knowing what I was going to make, I only got 1 1/2 yards. Which, is enough for a sheath, a jacket or pants. After going through my pattern stash,I decided to make Butterick 5317. Its a Maggy London Pattern. This fabric feels a bit like pique. I am making #A with black pique trim at bodice and hem. I spent a few minutes altering the bodice to accommodate my DD's. The picture doesn't do justice the dots are the size of random small pearls. If you make this pattern and have large breast make the muslin bodice before cutting you pattern as the straps fell off my shoulders. Stay Tuned

1 comment:

Myra said...

Cute dress and thanks for the tip...I definitely don't have to worry about the breast area, that's for sure! Sorry yours doesn't fit around the shoulders. Are / can you fix it?

Followers